Sometimes router reset needs to be "encouraged" a little bit. Try this
1. With router powered on, press and hold reset button. Keep reset
button depressed for this entire sequence.
2. With reset button depressed, wait 30 seconds, then disconnect power
3. Keeping reset button depressed, connect power to router
4. Keep reset button depressed for at least 30 seconds
5. With reset button still depressed, disconnect power. Now you can let
go of the button.
If that doesn't work, try leaving the user name blank (instead of "root").
I don't know what you mean by, "Is it possible this can be connected to
any setting on my computer."
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
To the moon and back with 4KB of RAM and 72KB of ROM.