If you do not have the installation cd and want to solve this issue
follow these steps: (works most of the time with all sku.cab files)
1. Click on start==>run==>type "excel /s" without quotations and click
2. Once Excel is up in safe mode with the error message in front, hold
down ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your keyboard to bring the task manager up.
3. Click on the processes tab==>look for msiexec.exe (only the one next
to your user name), click on it and end the process.
4. Excel should be running without an error message now==>close Excel in
safe mode==>reopen it one more time in safe mode to check if it is
opening with no error message.
5. Close Excel /s and open Excel normally, it should work fine.
The above solution was previously supplied by swaidan@NOSPAM-gmail.com
(Bahboosh) on other dedicated Newsgroup.
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.