Unfortunately WLM does not provide a method of flipping email address =
from a given field to another. The available email address fields in a =
contact (in WLM) are personal, work, other.
With respect to importing (and exporting) contacts. WLM's csv import =
is only capable of importing or exporting one single email address field =
The only options to import contact data into WLM are via:
- Csv, Wab (Outlook Express format), vcf, and current Windows address =
(Windows Users\Contacts). You can discount wab since OE is not an option =
when going from a mac to Win7/Vista.
Importing your csv data into Windows user contacts then into WLM via =
Windows address book may provide some relief, though any success would =
dependent upon how the data is arranged in your csv file (headers, rows=20
msft mvp mail
I am totally new to Live Mail having been a Mac person for several years.
Using the address book has been really frustrating...for example, in any
given listing, let us say for whatever reason, the contact's work and =
email addresses are reversed. Is there a way to simply change the =
and "Work" headings? My only workaround solution was to cut the home,
paste it into notes, cut work and paste it to home and then go to the =
and cut the former home and paste it where it should be. I do not know =
went wrong when my contacts were intitially added to the Windows Live
Address book but there are many (over one hundred) which have various
mistakes of the nature I have described...home information is actually =
and vice versa and I'd sure like a quicker way to fix it if possible.
Thinking I had a brainstorm, I thought I'd just import from Gmail but =
whatever reason, the import appears to have taken place but nothing has =
added. To verify my actions: I open Gmail, go to contacts, save as a =
file named contacts.csv and then select that file when prompted by =
Live what file to import. After clicking it and accepting the mapping, =
screen prompted that the import had begun but even after waiting an hour
(there are several hundred contacts) to make sure I was allowing =
time, nothing had changed. To double check that the file actually =
WITH content, I used Excel to open the csv file and all the names, =
etc were there.
So, I am at a loss to figure out how to accomplish my goal without =
spending two or three minutes per contact which because of the large =
would really be time consuming. One final tidbit, I have both an iPhone =
Android each with the full and correct contact list so if there is a
methodology for transferring them to the Windows Live address book, that
would also solve my problem.
Sorry for the length but I wanted to make sure I fully explained that I =
TRIED to solve the problem before coming here on bended knee! ;-)