Hi, I'm having several problems with my User Accounts.
1) If I try to click "Manage Another Account" I do not see a list of
my users, just an empty box under "Choose the account you would like
to change." If I create a new account I still have a blank box where
the list of users should be.
2) I cannot change the type of account. When I open "Change your
account" I get a blank user picture and it is set to "Standard User"
even though I am part of the Administrator group. Changing account
types and hitting OK has no effect.
3) I cannot turn UAC on or off. When I open the UAC panel it is
unchecked even if UAC is on. If I check the box and hit OK I am not
prompted to reboot. If I check the box and hit Ok then return,the UAC
box is still unchecked (same as with changing account types), so it's
obvious it is not turning UAC on. I can turn the UAC on by using the
tool in Msconfig.exe and then rebooting.
4) What is fishy is that I can see the list of my users (with their
pictures) if I go to "Set-up parental controls" under "Manage another
account." I can also create a new user account from that screen but of
course I cannot do anything with it.
5) I am using Vista Home Premium so I cannot load the "Local Users and
Groups" snap-in to see if I can modify my users from there.
If you know of other message boards where I could post this question
please let me know.
Thank you in advance,